KwaZulu-Natal, Kingdom of the Zulu, is a province in South Africa filled with sunshine, wildlife and historical battlefields
KwaZulu-Natal is set on the southeast of South Africa and offers a stunning holiday for a range of travellers! The province is multi-cultural with plenty to see and do – from battlefields, game reserves, the mighty Drakensberg Mountain Range, adventure activities and the golden-sand beaches of Durban, the province is sure to enthral. KwaZulu-Natal is also one of the only destinations in South Africa to have permanent sunny weather, making it number one on your list of summer holiday getaways!
Reasons to visit KwaZulu-Natal:
- The province has a rich culture and heritage – the Zulu tribe were found in the area, and slaves from India were brought to Durban in the 1800s. Both these cultures feature heavily in the demographics, and the atmosphere in the province
- The famous Zulu warrior king Sigidi kaSenzangakhona, known as Shaka Zulu, lived between the Drakensberg and the Indian Ocean. He reigned for 10 years, and his many conquests, as well as his tall, strong and athletic built has made him a legend in KwaZulu-Natal
- The province has plenty of historical battlefields between Shaka Zulu’s warriors and other tribes, as well as the Anglo Zulu War
- Durban is the third largest city in South Africa and is home to the country’s busiest port. The city offers world-class entertainment, including uShaka Marine World, a water-park/aquarium, stunning beaches, 5-Star accommodation and one of the most beautiful stretch of coast in South Africa
- The Hluhluwe Game Reserve, the oldest reserve in South Africa, is a must-visit for a truly fantastic African safari experience. The game reserve is home to the Big 5 and offers stunning safari accommodation, as well as unique packages, including visits to nearby St Lucia and Zululand
Whether you’re looking for luxury sojourn or a laid-back holiday with affordable accommodation, we can make it happen!
Once we have all your information and understand the vision for your holiday, we’ll start planning your trip.
With all your plans in place, all you need to do is pack your bags, hop on a plane and travel over land and sea to your destination of choice!