Incredibly beautiful place famous for its excellent reputation of leopard sightings
The South Luangwa National Park lies on the eastern side of Zambia and is one of the most popular places to visit in the country. It’s a large and beautiful reserve that was founded in 1938 and that has been an official national park since 1972. It covers an area of just over 9000 square kilometres and its wildlife is supported by the Luangwa River and its tributaries. The gorgeous Luangwa River also creates the perfect environment for hippos, crocodiles and a large number of bird species. It is certainly one of the best locations you can choose for a safari in Zambia.
Reasons to visit:
- South Luangwa National Park is known as one of the greatest wildlife sanctuaries in the world
- South Luangwa National Park has an incredibly high concentration of animals around the Luangwa River
- Has a nearby international airport, called the Mfuwe Airport
- Wildlife includes large elephant herds, oxbow baboons, hippo and 14 varieties of antelope
- South Luangwa National Park is the best park in Zambia for walking safaris
- Luxury safari camps offer day and night game drives
- Predators in the park include crocodile, wild dog, spotted hyena and lion
- Is also a top destination for spotting leopard
- Activities include boating on the river during the ‘Emerald Season’
Whether you’re looking for luxury sojourn or a laid-back holiday with affordable accommodation, we can make it happen!
Once we have all your information and understand the vision for your holiday, we’ll start planning your trip.
With all your plans in place, all you need to do is pack your bags, hop on a plane and travel over land and sea to your destination of choice!