DUE TO PILANESBERG NATIONAL PARK MANY ATTRACTIONS, SUPERB CHOICE OF ACCOMMODATION, ABUNDANT WILDLIFE AND UNIQUE AND EASILY ACCESSIBLE LOCATION. THE SETTING OF THE PARK IS THE CRATER OF A LONG-EXTINCT VOLCANO – ONE OF THE LARGEST VOLCANIC COMPLEXES OF ITS VARIETY IN THE WORLD. GEOLOGICALLY, IT IS FASCINATING, WITH RARE ROCK TYPES AND FORMATIONS.
The Pilanesberg National park is the fourth largest park in South Africa and is found in the North West Province. It is nearby Johannesburg, Pretoria and Rustenburg, and about 220km from the O.R. Tambo International Airport. There is also an airport in the park, referred to as the Pilanesberg International Airport.
- Amazing History: Approximately 1300 million years ago active volcanic eruptions formed a fascinating alkaline complex – an almost perfect example of an alkaline ring complex. The park is therefore considered as one of the world’s most outstanding phenomena.
- Large Choice of Accommodation: Pilanesberg offers all types of accommodation. You can choose to ‘become one with the bush’ in a simple safari tent or you can select one of several luxury lodges that offer all the comforts and more of home.
- Easily Accessed: Pilanesberg has its own international airport within the park and is just 220km from the O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg.
- An Abundance of Wildlife: Pilanesberg is one of the parks in South Africa where you are most likely to encounter the Big Five, not to mention a large variety of additional animals in their natural habitat.
- An Ecological Wonder: The park is able to boast such a diverse variety of animals due to its ecological richness.
- Perfect Photographic Opportunities: The park offers guests several unique photographic hides from where the wildlife and birds can be viewed in complete safety and obscurity.
Whether you’re looking for luxury sojourn or a laid-back getaway with affordable accommodation, we can make it happen!
Once we have all your information and understand the vision for your holiday, we’ll start planning your trip.
With all your plans in place, all you need to do is pack your bags, hop on a plane and travel over land and sea to your destination of choice!