The Kruger National Park is the largest national park in South Africa, and one of the largest in the world.
The national park stretches across the Limpopo and Mpumalanga provinces of South Africa, and encompasses the most fascinating African wildlife. Travellers can expect sightings of the Big 5 as well as big cats, various buck species, giraffes, wildebeest and more. The park encompasses over 147 different mammals, 114 reptiles, 507 bird species and 34 amphibians, making it one of the most diverse areas in Africa. There are a number of game reserves situated within the park, where luxury safari lodges, tented camps and bush accommodations await. From the lavish River Lodge and regal Royal Malewane in the Thornybush Private Game Reserve, to the tranquil Amani Safari Camp in the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve, to the hidden gem of the Imbali Safari Lodge and the ultra stylish Singita Lebombo Lodge situated in the heart of Kruger. The Kruger National Park is the ultimate safari destination for guests seeking a truly remarkable and memorable safari adventure. No trip to South Africa is complete without a visit to Kruger!
Kruger National Park fast facts:
- The national park is an ecological haven, teeming with a range of diverse wildlife including various mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birdlife, as well as tree and plant species.
- The park was officially opened in 1926, making it nearly 100 years old! Prior to that, the Kruger area was made an official no-hunting zone in 1898, over 120 years ago
- Kruger has overwhelming evidence of pre-historic man – there are over 200 cultural heritage sites which includes over 130 rock paintings.
- Evidence of Homo Erectus, ancient San people and Iron Age inhabitants, which date back to 1500 years ago, were also found in Kruger
- The national park is estimated to be the size of Wales!
- In addition to Africa’s most fascinating wildlife, Kruger also has three distinct habitats, namely the grassy southern region, the central savannah region, and the arid mopane scrub land of the north.
Whether you’re looking for luxury sojourn or a laid-back getaway with affordable accommodation, we can make it happen!
Once we have all your information and understand the vision for your holiday, we’ll start planning your trip.
With all your plans in place, all you need to do is pack your bags, hop on a plane and travel over land and sea to your destination of choice!