A beautiful archipelago situated in the Indian Ocean and one of the most popular island holiday destinations
Seychelles is a cluster of islands in the Indian Ocean, off the east coast of Africa, and is compromised of 115 different islands – the archipelago is made up of granite, as well as coral islands. The Seychelles is often referred to as one of the best holiday destinations, because of the constant sunshine, relaxed beaches, natural beauty and the fact that it has been relatively untarnished by mass urbanization or industrialization. The islands are known for a mix of luxury and affordable hotels and resorts that guarantee the perfect island getaway.
Seychelles is a naturally idyllic beach destination. The gorgeous turquoise Indian Ocean coming into contact with layers of smooth white sand creates a poignant contrast, the absolute perfect view that helps maintain the relaxed, yet romantic, atmosphere Seychelles is proud of. The climate is tropical, and some islands can get very humid, especially around December to April where humidity levels reach a high of 80%. July and August are the coolest months with temperatures falling to 24˚C and this is when most European tourists visit.
Seychelles offer not only a brilliant package for weddings, honeymoons and family friendly vacations, but also eco-tourists and cultural tourists as the island is home to many monuments and museums detailing the history of Seychelles. Visas are not necessary, just a valid passport, return ticket and accommodation. The Seychelles is a beautiful tropical paradise that shows just how beautiful untouched land can be. Browse through our Seychelles packages and start planning your dream trip today.
Interesting facts about Seychelles:
- There are up to three to five weddings a day
- Conservation is extremely important – collecting the seashells along the beach is not advised as hermit crabs use it as habitation
- There are no poisonous snakes on any of the islands
- La Digue is home to the endemic and extremely rare black paradise flycatcher. There are only 100 of these in existence currently.
- It is believed that famous pirate Olivier Levasseur hid a treasure worth millions somewhere between Mahè and Praslin
- The world’s heaviest and tortoise, Esmerelda, lives on Bird Island. She weighs 304kg.
- The capital city, Victoria, is the smallest city in the world and can be explored fully in less than a day.
- The islands are both granitic as well as coral
- The country has a motto: “The end crowns the work.”
- English is spoken mainly, as well as French and Seychellois Creole
- There are about 17 islands that are solely for tourism and have no other infrastructure
Whether you’re looking for luxury sojourn or a laid-back holiday with affordable accommodation, we can make it happen!
Once we have all your information and understand the vision for your holiday, we’ll start planning your trip.
With all your plans in place, all you need to do is pack your bags, hop on a plane and travel over land and sea to your destination of choice!