The name Etosha refers to ‘Great White Place’ and its unique white appearance is due to the large Etosha endorheic salt pan
The Etosha National Park is one of the best and most intriguing game reserves you can visit in Namibia. Its huge expanse of white landscape roamed by all kinds of wildlife is what makes it so popular – there is no doubt that it will become your favourite destination in this unique country.
When in Namibia go to the one place where thousands of people have visited and have loved every moment of their stay – the Etosha National Park! Contact us for expert advice on accommodation, location and timing, and then look forward to gazing at a beautiful white landscape in the warm sun and clear nights with skies that are packed with stars so lovely they will take your breath away.
Reasons to visit Etosha National Park:
- A large waterhole at Okaukuejo is a famous location for night-time visitors, including rhino, lion and elephant. This is especially the case during the dry season.
- Etosha has significant numbers of endangered black rhino and a higher density of giraffe than many other areas.
- The huge Etosha salt pan is a spectacular sight and it causes the entire area to have a unique whitish colour.
- Greater and lesser flamingos, as well as other water birds such as the Eastern white pelican, flock to the pan when there is water.
- Incredibly strange-looking trees of the African moringa (ghost tree) variety are found west of Okaukuejo and this area is referred to as Sprokieswoud, or the haunted forest.
- The Etosha National Park is the home of 114 mammal species, 110 reptile species, 16 amphibian species and 340 bird species.
Whether you’re looking for luxury sojourn or a laid-back holiday with affordable accommodation, we can make it happen!
Once we have all your information and understand the vision for your holiday, we’ll start planning your trip.
With all your plans in place, all you need to do is pack your bags, hop on a plane and travel over land and sea to your destination of choice!