A balloon safari is a unique and wonderful way to explore South Africa. Undertaken on the border of Gauteng and the North West, the tour offers incredible scenery in an extraordinary way.
The exhilarating experience is excellent for keen photographers, who have the perfect bird’s eye view of the Magaliesberg Valley and various game reserves down below.
Glide across the perfect African sky for a tranquil and memorable adventure.
A balloon safari is a sublime activity fit for a range of travelers. Whether you want to surprise your partner in a unique and romantic way, enjoy a view like never before, or tick off your bucket list, this phenomenal adventure is for you!
Scenic Balloon Safaris
On a scenic balloon safari travellers can expect to see some of the best and most beautiful areas of South Africa. Taking off at dawn, travellers will see a stunning African sunrise waking the country side down below. Enjoy a glass of the finest champagne as you drift amongst the clouds, before landing where a hearty breakfast awaits you.
Game Viewing Balloon Safaris
A Southern African safari is the ultimate adventure on its own, but when coupled with a balloon tour it is truly something special! Experience the African bushland from the skies on a game viewing balloon safari. Travellers will encounter an aerial view of the bushland and some of South Africa’s wildest animals. As well as this, travellers will view the most spectacular sunrise over the African plains. A champagne breakfast awaits guests upon landing.
For a truly wonderful adventure, travellers can stay at a game reserve of their choice afterwards. Our recommendation would be the Madikwe Private Game Reserve, which is only a 3 hour drive from the balloon safari base. Madikwe is the fifth largest game reserve in South Africa, and consists of a number of luxury safari lodges ranging from 4 to 5-Star. Madikwe is also a Big 5 game reserve, and guests will be sure to catch a glimpse of an elephant, rhino, leopard, lion and buffalo. East Cape Tours are on hand to arrange your safari! We can tailor-make anything you need, for your perfect getaway.
Contact us for a tailor-made package today!
Our travel consultants are on hand to put together an itinerary to suit your every travel need. Our quick response time means that you get the holiday of your dreams without the wait.
What To Expect
- Balloon safaris last around an hour and passengers will be required to stand for that duration.
- Passengers should be able to jump unassisted from a height of around 60cm.
- Passengers should wear layered clothing, such as a jacket/jersey with something light underneath. Early mornings can be chilly but travellers will warm up once the sun rises. Closed, flat shoes are recommended.
- Don’t forget your camera! Make sure it is fully charged and that you have a spare memory card, as you would not want to miss any picture-perfect moments.
- Children age 7+ are welcome with adult supervision.